View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003101||Far Manager||File System||public||2015-10-20 08:47||2015-10-24 13:32|
|Platform||Win7 x64 / Win XP SP3||OS||OS Version|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0003101: Access mapped drives (with login)|
this is a little difficult to describe. I'll reduce that to a single point at the moment (see A).
A) - different LANs
1. I have a gateway to a different LAN. There's a mapped drive P: to one of the servers there.
2. In Win Explorer I see the mapping and with a single click I can open P:
3. Far (latest version) says (Alt-F1): "disconnected" and asks for username and password - even I opened it in Explorer already (see C).
B) - same LANs
Another issue appears after a fresh boot in a LAN: the mapped drives on single Win-servers (no AD) in a LAN are not working correct. In Explorer I can open them with a single click. far sais: disconnected... And: After opening a mapped drive in Explorer I can open them in Far (opposite to A).
Far 2 (yes I still have it :-) does not have the described problem B, but A.
There are similar issues still on my NAS at home sometimes (we had this problem some weeks ago here and i thought it was solved). But yesterday... I'll keep an eye on it.
This is all I can say at the moment. Not much. I hope it's not too confusing and that you can reproduce this somehow.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Maybe this is a starting point. NAS at home:
- Client WinXP SP3
- NAS (Single server mode, no AD/Ldap/...)
- NAS is mapped to S: in Win as \\192.168.1.22\Files (don't remember password)
1. NAS is running; fresh reboot of the PC
2. Far asks for user/pw for S:. If I enter pw Far doesn't accept it and asks again.
3. In Win Explorer: Doubleclick on S:. Explorer asks for password. If I enter pw everything is ok and I can reach the files. After that Far handles S: ok.
This is basically the same as in problem A and B I mentioned above.
So, why Far doesn't take the password?