View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003586||Far Manager||Plugins API.Dialog||public||2018-02-27 06:24||2018-02-27 06:25|
|Summary||0003586: Listbox captures most keyboard events|
|Description||Listbox seems to capture most keyboard events when it has a focus. Assume a dialog with:|
1) Listbox (with DIF_LISTNOAMPERSAND and no other flag, but it behaves the same with no flags),
3) Button with a shortcut due to an ampersand (e.g. with text such as "&Cancel"),
4) possibly other controls (buttons, checkboxes).
I want to activate the ampersanded button using a keyboard shortcut. The dialog will behave differently depending on which dialog element has a focus:
1) When a button or a checkbox is focused, I can use C, ALT+C.
2) When the edit is focused, I can use ALT+C (C is unavailable because it is used to enter text into the edit, that's OK).
3) When the listbox is focused, neither C nor ALT+C will reach the button.
Note that if the button also has a DIF_DEFAULTBUTTON, then ENTER activates the button in case 2 above (not sure about case 1, *some* button gets activated but I didn't check which) but not in case 3. ESC properly closes the dialog regardless of focus.
|Steps To Reproduce||The behavior can be seen even in code from other people's plugins, as long as they use a listbox:|
1) Make sure the FarColorer plugin is installed. That should normally be the case as the plugin is distributed along with FAR Manager.
2) Go to Options -> Plugins -> FarColorer.
3) Go to Scheme settings (bottom right).
4) Notice that the Cancel button has a hotkey C ("&Cancel").
5) Make sure that any one of the three edits is focused and press ALT+C. The dialog closes.
6) Reopen the Scheme settings.
7) Focus the Parameters listbox and press ALT+C. Nothing happens.
|Additional Information||Tested with build 5134 as well as 5151. Default configuration, except for a modified far.exe.ini:|
Tested with Windows 7 and Windows 10.
|Tags||focus, hotkey, listbox|